- 3 pounds (1.3kg) chicken breast
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red Thai curry paste
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) dried basil
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) fish sauce
- Butterfly the chicken breasts so they are about 1/2 inch (2cm) thick.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a mixing cup.
- Transfer chicken to a large plastic bag, add marinade, and mix until chicken is coated evenly.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, overnight is better if you like it very spicy.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a cast iron skillet then sear the chicken for 5 minutes on each side until blackened.
- Transfer to a 400°F (205°C) and cook an additional 10 minutes until done.