- 4 tilapia filets
- 1 thumb-size piece of fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup (120ml) soy sauce
- 3 stalks of green onions
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) vegetable oil (or sesame oil if you have it)
- Get your steamer up to temperature. Some rice cookers also have steamer baskets as well which is what we used.
- Add the fish to the steamer and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Cut the fresh ginger into matchstick sized pieces.
- Cut the green onions into small rings.
- Add the oil into a small pot, get it up to temperature, and add the ginger.
- Once the ginger begins to take on color, add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the soy sauce, chili flakes, and brown sugar and brign the mixture up to temperature.
- Add the green onions then turn the heat off.
- Once the fish is done (fork tender). Put it on a serving tray and spoon the sauce over the fish.
- Serve with rice.