- 8 boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250ml) seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup (250ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) ground black pepper
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly the thick part of each thigh so you get one long flat strip of meat.
- Set up three large plates for your breading station. First plate: flour. Second plate: 5 eggs beaten until smooth. Third plate: breadcumbs, parmesan cheese, oregano, black pepper mixed together.
- Bread each chicken breast by coating it in flour, shaking off the excess, dunking it in the eggs, shaking off the egg, then coating it in breadcrumbs. Push the breadcrumbs into each piece so they stick.
- Repeat the breading process until all the chicken is ready.
- In your largest skillet get 1/4 inch (1/2cm) of vegetable oil warmed up over medium heat. On our stove this was heat setting 5/10.
- Once the oil is up to temperature add two chicken thighs into the pan. The oil should be hot enough to sizzle but not so hot that it pops and starts burning breadcrumbs.
- Cook each piece 5 minutes on each side then move to a wire rack.
- Repeat the process until all the chicken is cooked.
- Serve as is or add tomato sauce and mozzarella then broil to make chicken parmesan.