- 2 cups (475ml) jasmine rice
- 2 cups (475ml) water
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) salt
- Rinse the rice by pouring it into in a medium-sized pot, filling it up with cold water, swishing with your hands, then draining.
- Repeat 3 - 4 times until water becomes clear.
- Make sure the majority of the water has been drained out.
- Add 2 cups water along with 1 teaspoon salt. From here on out do not touch/stir the rice.
- Place the lid on, then bring to a moderate boil on the stove. This will take approximatley 2 minutes.
- Once the rice begins to boil turn the heat down to the lowest setting and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Once the 15 minutes is up taste the rice for doneness with a fork. It should be good. If it needs to go longer just put the lid back on and give it another minute.
- Once the rice is done - fluff with a fork and serve.
Fancy Dome Presentation
- Wet the inside of a large teacup with water.
- Dump the water out.
- Pack the rice into the teacup.
- Quickly place the teacup upside down on a serving plate then gently remove the cup.
- Garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds.