- 8oz (220g) dried spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (240ml) finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 head of fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) dried red chili flakes
- Put a pot of salted water on high heat.
- Pour olive oil into a large skillet and turn heat on to low.
- Finely mince the whole head of garlic then add to the oil. It's going to slowly cook in the oil until lightly toasted.
- Once the water is boiling add the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, finely chop the parsley and set aside.
- When the pasta is done, add two tablespoons of the pasta water along with the chili flakes to the garlic and oil.
- Transfer the pasta directly to the garlic and oil sauce with a pasta spoon, combine with the parsley and stir until combined.