- 20oz (550g) tilapia (about 5 medium sized fillets)
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) Maesri Red Curry Paste
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) fish sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) cornstarch
- 5 green beans
- 5 Thai basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil (for pan frying)
- Cut the green beans into thin rings and set aside.
- Mince the basil and set aside.
- Cut the tilapia into large chunks and place in food processor.
- Add the curry paste, fish sauce, egg yolk, and cornstarch to the food processor.
- Put the lid on the food processor and pulse approximately 25 times until the fish is finely minced.
- Remove the blade from the food processor, add the basil and green beans then stir with a spoon until evenly mixed.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once the oil is up to temp, wet your hands with water so they don't get sticky.
- Form a patty with your hands then carefully place it in the oil.
- Repeat and add the subsequent patties clockwise around the edge of the pan to ensure consistent cooking.
- Cook for approximately 3 - 4 minutes on each side until evenly browned.
- Serve with Thai sweet chili dipping sauce. The Maesri brand is very good if you can find it.