- 2 pounds (1kg) lean ground beef
- 2 10oz (300ml) cans of tomatoes with green chili peppers
- 2 15oz (450ml) cans dark red kidney beans
- 1 28oz can (800ml) can tomato sauce
- 2 packets of chili seasoning
- 1 big yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) salt
- 1 cup (240ml) water
- 2 dashes Tobasco if you have it
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil
- Heat up a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and dice the onion into small pieces. (We're using a separate skillet for the first bit because the large cooking space makes the cooking faster.)
- Add the onion to the pan and simmer until thoroughly browned.
- Once finished, add the onion to the instant pot.
- Throw the ground beef into the pan and cook until browned.
- Once the beef is done, add the beef along with the juice to the instant pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Secure the lid and make sure its sealed.
- Turn to your pressure cook setting and pressure cook for 30 minutes.
- Once time is up, vent the steam, allow a couple of minutes to cool and serve.