- 2 cups (250g) red lentils
- 32 oz (1L) chicken broth
- 2 cups (.5L) water
- 2 tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) heavy cream
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) curry powder
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) salt
- Heat the olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat.
- While the oil is heating up, mince the garlic then add to the pot.
- Cook the garlic for approximately 2 minutes until toasted.
- Add the lentils along with the chicken broth, water, curry powder, black pepper, and salt, then stir to combine.
- Crank up the heat and bring to a simmer, then turn the heat down to low.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the lentils reach desired doneness (we prefer them slightly grainy).
- Add the heavy cream, stir, and allow to cool slightly.
- Garnish with olive oil, pepper, and green onions if you have them.