- 1 cup (240ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (240ml) sliced almonds
- 1 stick (120ml) room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup (120ml) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7.5ml) almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon (1ml) salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix with a hand mixer until a solid dough forms and the almonds are broken up.
- Roll into approximately 9 equal sized balls (smaller if you want smaller cookes) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten all the balls slightly until they're roughly 1cm thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and dust with powdered sugar or serve as is.