- 1 14oz (400g) bag of Fritos
- 1 lb (0.5kg) ground beef
- 1 16oz (450g) can of refried beans
- 1 jar of salsa
- 8 oz (225g) shredded cheese
- 1 packet of McCormick taco seasoning (or mix your own with chili power and cumin)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Brown ground beef in a skillet then add taco seasoning and a little bit of the salsa to make it moist then set aside.
- In the same skillet heat up the refried beans until smooth and bubbling.
- In a greased glass baking dish, pour most of the fritos onto the bottom to make an even layer.
- Sprinkle the ground beef on top followed by the beans.
- Dot the surface with some of the salsa and cover with most of the cheese.
- Add remainder of the Fritos along with more salsa and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.