- 3 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) butter
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) paprika
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5ml) black pepper
- Cube the potatoes up into 1cm pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in your largest skillet.
- Once the olive oil is up to temperature add the potatoes.
- Toss the potatoes frequently until they're evenly softened. This may take some time.
- Once the potatoes have softened add all the seasonings and continue to toss and cook until they start to crisp up around the edges.
- When they're almost done, add the tablespoon of butter and cook a bit more until the butter has absorbed into the potatoes and the edges are crisp.